Role: Visual Designer
Type: Full time or Part time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Area: Marketing - Creative/Product Development
Overview of Plantioxidants: At Plantioxidants, everything ties back to our mission:
“Cherish your body and learn all you can to do less bad, produce more good, and take care of the planet and others.”
We know the only way to balance the creation of clean, healthy, and nourishing beauty products with sustainability is with the talent of committed, smart people working to achieve this mission.
About Creative at Plantioxidants: Plantioxidants Creative/Product Development team plays a crucial role on delivering on the breadth and depth of the mission to Plantioxidants customers. The team is tasked with communicating the goals of the company to customers through all creative outlets (UX/UI, social media assets and design, email campaigns, website assets and design, packaging design, etc.). Of all teams in the company the Creative team has the most responsibility in terms of understanding and generating the right visual and experiential content that connects Plantioxidants with its customers. Like all roles in the company, it is crucial to be curious about being better professionally.
Overview of the role: The Visual Designer will work directly with senior leadership to ensure creative is in line with the strategy of the company. The Visual Designer role demands an ability to work outside of traditional design areas by working with the Technology, Marketing, and other teams, as needed. Self-motivation, critical thinking, and organization are requisites for this role. Note: this is a hybrid role that will require work mainly on visual/digital assets and design (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), in addition to tangible asset creation and design (photography, small amounts of packaging design with Adobe and InDesign).
What you’ll be doing:
- Own entire process of "anything anyone can see", including digital assets, tangible assets, and overall customer experience from the initial online or in-store shopping and ordering experience, to the un-boxing experience for both the shipping containers and outerboxes, to the final experience of the primary package and recycling of it - all while putting the Plantioxidants mission first
- Run themed digital campaigns (weekly emails, seasonal, and yearly campaigns) and establish process to efficiently execute
- Generate and track unique content used for social media outlets while partnering with Social Media team
- Photograph campaign and regular assets, ensuring they are in line with style guides and directives
- Create any necessary processes and guidelines to help get other departments up to speed on creative direction
- Develop advertising, educational materials, videos, and any remaining assets
- Execute projects in time and within budget
- Support and partner with Technology team with web design as needed
- Effectively communicate goals and objectives for creative work with varying teams
- Proven record of organization and high attention to detail where perfectionism is encouraged
- Interest in beauty, health, and sustainability
- Able to fluently use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and take studio-level photography
- Knowledge of video editing, interactive design, and 3D/visualization preferred
- Strong skills in typography, color, icon creation
- Present and defend concepts for all stages of work
- Proven experience working on creative work for a diverse range of customers
- Minimum of 2 years of design experiences
- Able to work under tight deadliness and at times high pressure
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under any circumstance
- Able to prioritize and follow up on tasks efficiently, while handling competing deadlines
- Experience working with email templates via Dreamweaver and campaign providers like MailChimp, Klaviyo, or Bronto
- Long-term perks:
- Work for a purpose. As our founder Josh always says, "time is your most valuable currency, spend yours wisely." We want to work with others who care about changing not only one industry, but several. We pride ourselves on being told our goals at Plantioxidants are quixotic and then consistently surpassing all expectations. The future is one where our everyday choices as consumers will benefit ourselves, the planet, and others. At Plantioxidants, we are proudly pioneering this future because we work for a purpose.
- Everyday perks:
- Health insurance support
- Vacation and holiday time-off
- Potential to work in San Francisco
We’d love to hear from you!
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any supplemental info that will help us better understand your capabilities and interests.